Silicon Valley Friends of Ferals
Local spay/neuter funding
- Santa Clara County has a TTVAR program for $10 through several area vets. Program includes FIV/FeLV testing (cats testing positive are euthanized), spay/neuter, rabies and FVRCP vaccines, ear-tip notch/crop.
- The City of Milpitas has a $30 voucher program for spay/neuter of feral cats and for pets of low income people. Open only to Milpitas residents (feral cats must themselves be located in Milpitas) and the $5 copayment covers only spay/neuter - other care is not included.
- Silicon Valley Animal Rights runs a free spay/neuter voucher program "Project Henry" for feral and domestic cats.
Groups who work with feral Cats
Nationwide or of special note
- Alley Cat Allies: the largest national
organization promoting TTVAR as a means of controlling feral cat populations
- The Feral Cat Coalition: a large and well
organized feral cat and TTVAR advocacy group based in San Diego, California, and probably the best site on the internet for information about the topic
Silicon Valley Friends of Ferals does not operate for profit, but does not have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
Copyright © 1997-2007 -- Silicon Valley Friends of Ferals